Thursday, September 6, 2018

Joel Ellis
Installation Art By Claire Bishop
MULTIMEDIA AND INSTALLATION ART


         This is my first time in my life that I am knowingly experiencing Installation Art and studying it. AS I read the article,, I was intrigue  “Installation Art” by Claire Bishop, I was intrigued by the many different facets of Installation Artthat are in the world, and how the artist can manipulate the art to portray a message to its viewer, weather its political, war, pieces just for conversation, fun, or what ever the artist wants to portray, it can be done through Installation Art.
        I love the freedom that the artist has when creating Installation Art. There are no rules, it seems, and you can use anything and display your art anywhere. On the flip side, I am not connecting to some of the artwork. Maybe I don’t know what went on in the artist mind when it was created, but some of the images literally look like pieces junk placed together. In my opinion, just like technology has progressed, I would like to see Installation Art progress, and have the artist create a piece, or pieces, that a more modern society can relate too. 
        I learnt the difference between a framed art piece that’s hanging on the wall and Installation Art. Installation Art, I believe, is more complex in creating and understanding, and is also harder to sell than a frames piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment