Monday, September 24, 2018

JOEL ELLIS
THE FUNCTION OF THE STUDIO (WHEN THE STUDIO IS A LAPTOP)
MULTIMEDIA AND INSTALLATION ART


      I am a music/video producer, and I grew up in an age where everything was manual, from the production, where you needed real musician to play in the studio to record your music, and when you needed to edit a video you had to physically splice the tape and tape it back together. So I have seen the evolution over the years, from then to now (the laptop studio), and I welcome the change, because now I can do so much more and don’t have to depend on others in order to complete my works. 
        The biggest difference between the laptop studio and the physical is the Internet. The platform for sharing and collaborating is overwhelming. Art that do not, or is not designed for a physical gallery, can use the Internet for its personal gallery.  Although the laptop studio has eliminated jobs such as, musicians, editors, and actors (in some cases), the laptop studio has also created jobs for those who are not musicians, editors, and actors, by allowing them to create through the related software. 

No comments:

Post a Comment