Thursday, October 4, 2018

Chapter 4 "Claire Bishop's Installation Art" 



I found Chapter 4 from, “Claire Bishop’s Installation Art” very interesting. I learned that Art can be used as a political weapon, an example given was, “the repression and promotion of abstraction in post-World War II USSR and USA respectively” (© Claire Bishop 2005). I agree with Joseph Beuys, that art should provoke thought and cause a person to re-act and or feel an emotion. 
I love, and agree, with the different forms: -

THINKING FORMS- how we mold our thoughts or 

SPOKENFORMS-howwe shape our thoughts into words or

SOCIAL SCULPTURE- 
how we mold and shape the world in which we live:

SCULPTUREASAN EVOLUTIONARY PROCESS; EVERYONE IS AN ARTIST.

(© Claire Bishop 2005).
        I do believe that art is an individual’s way of expressing him or her self, which could lead to self-realization, and I also believe that, like in anything else, what you put into something, will equal what you get out of that same thing, with that understanding, a beautiful piece of art will not only hold physical beauty, but spiritual beauty as well.
         I also believe that art is a powerful tool, and if used correctly, it could tackle, or bring to light, some of the more serious “issues such as feminism, education, Latin American right-wing militarism, homelessness and AIDS”,(© Claire Bishop 2005).
        I don’t know if I agree with, Bourriaud, about someone having sucking on one of your sweets, is

like them sucking on your body and it’s kind of of sexy. My favorite part of this reading was the

 works by Santiago Sierra, about the immigrants and how they were unfairly treated, and how he used 

the cardboard boxes, with the immigrants inside, to illustrate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment