Sunday, December 16, 2018

Final Installation instructions

        First I got the ok from each student to participate in my project, then I took  a T3 camera and the stand associated with it, and set it up inside the Black Box, using the black curtain as a back drop.
I made sure that the camera was in focus and did a test run to make sure the video and sound were set and working properly. 
        When everything was set, I recorded each participating class member. I asked them 2-3 questions: -  1. what makes them happy?
                     2. what legacy do they want to leave behind, when their time on earth is over?
                     3. Do they know a joke?
        After I recorded all the participants, I imported the footage into Adobe Premiere and edited it. After I edited and scaled the footage, I exported it and then imported it into MadMapper. Once into mad Mapper, I placed each individual on their own quadrant. 
        Inside the Black Box, I took 10 white boxes and strategically place them into 3D positions, (see video), in front of the big screen.

After the boxes were set up, I hooked up the projector, turned it on, connected it to my computer, and mapped the quadrants onto the boxes, but since I had so many, I mapped some of them onto the big screen. (because overlapping the quadrants blacks out the one beneath, I had to do a live mix while showing so some of the quadrants can be seen).
        After all quadrants are played, you can loop the project or power off the equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment