Thursday, October 4, 2018

Joel Ellis
Pipilotti Rist
“Sip My Ocean”

        As I watched “Sip My Ocean”, by Pipilotti Rist, it allowed me to escape into a world where there are no problems, no worries, no crime, no bills, there were absolutely no negativity at all during the time I was engulfed in the art piece, “Sip My Ocean”. 
       There was no narrative to disturb the conscious or the unconscious. There was actually no need for a narrative, because her works spoke for themselves. I loved all of the interactions, The brilliant colors, the sitting and observing, looking through holes in boxes, standing on top of the art piece as it continue to move, laying on the bed as the art pieces flow on the ceiling and the soothing sounds compliment each other, and your eyes and ears are spiritually connected for that brief period.
Pipilotti Rist was born on June 21, 1962 in Rheintal, Switzerland.
The Artist statement: -
 “I likes red beets a lot. My focus is video/audio installations because there is room in them for everything (painting, technology, language, music, movement, 
flowing pictures, poetry, commotion, premonitions of death, sex and friendliness) – like in a compact handbag. Her opinion is: Art's task is to contribute to evolution, to encourage the mind, to guarantee a detached view of social changes, to conjure up positive energies, to create sensuousness, to reconcile reason and instinct, to research possibilities, and to destroy clichés and prejudices”. 



No comments:

Post a Comment